Our Level 1 assessments are appropriate for supervisory, middle-management, and individual contributor roles. They provide the hiring team with critical information focused on candidates’ readiness to assume the duties and responsibilities of the role for which they are under consideration. Candidates’ key competencies are identified and a risk-of-failure assessment is provided for each candidate.
Level 1 assessments include identification of:
- A candidate’s strengths with respect to the competencies required for success in the role for which the candidate is being considered and can be leveraged for greater career success in the future. Identified strengths are of four kinds:
- problem solving and decision making,
- work application,
- people skills, and
- leadership potential.
- Up to three areas in which development will increase the likelihood of success in the role for which the candidate is being considered, as well as resources for the candidate to access.
The Level 1 assessment process consists of the following steps:
- We confer with the hiring team to gain an understanding of the demands of the position to be filled, the organizational culture, and the competencies required for success.
- Candidates complete a battery of on-line and in-office questionnaires and attend an interview with a Corporate Psychologist.
- The interview and test results are analyzed and evaluated against the demands of the job and the performance expectations that will be placed on the successful candidate.
- The Corporate Psychologist reviews the assessment results with the hiring team and discusses the implications of those results for a successful hire. At this time, the hiring team is encouraged to ask pointed questions and explore the candidates’ suitability in depth.
- Written summary reports are prepared that document our evaluation of each candidate.
- Candidates are provided with an opportunity to meet with the Corporate Psychologist to obtain detailed feedback on their results. An audio recording of the conversation is provided to each candidate for his/her future reference. (The audio recording is NOT made available to the hiring team. It is confidential to the candidate.)
- We remain available for follow-up discussions and advice by telephone during the six months following a candidate’s appointment to a position.